Thanks very much to Matthew of Normal Happenings for tagging myself as well as all of the other contributors of The Games that Defined Us in this Super Septic Lobster Award! Or… OK, apparently it’s called the (Super Specific) Liebster Award -I can’t keep all these cool, fancy award names straight XD
Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting:
I love blogging because I can share my thoughts and ideas on things I am passionate about with the world! I’ve only been blogging on here for a few months, but I’ve already met some super cool people and joined some awesome collaborative projects. I truly enjoy writing, so it’s a good fit for me. My blog is also a time capsule I can look back on for the memories, as well as something I can share with people when they ask things like “why do you like cosplay”, “why do you love vampires so much”, or “how long have you been a SHINee fan?”
Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- I just ate some butter chicken!
- My Dad calls me “scrawney” but I don’t think I’ve ever been what you could call scrawney…
- My left eye has really poor vision but apparently my right eye is 20/20 (last I checked, anyway) so it compensates for my bad eye.
- I considered getting laser eye surgery for my bad eye but decided against it when I found out that it would make it a lot harder to wear costume contact lenses (because cosplay>ocular health…)
- I have a small piece of New Brunswick rock embedded above my left cheekbone from a bad bike accident when I was 11 years old.
- My family “smuggled” our pet rats across the country when we moved because rats aren’t allowed in Alberta. We told the Air Canada security people that they were hamsters or something, and they didn’t really investigate. (We would have been a hysterical mess if they took our rats away, so i’m glad it worked out…)
- Last year I went to Japan and I still think lovingly about Japan every single day.
- I’ve been slowly but steadily working on learning basic conversational Japanese for several years.
- I’ve never eaten a food that I wouldn’t try again.
- I can’t help myself when it comes to sweets, so I don’t buy them often- when they’re in the house I devour them way too quickly!
Super Specific Questions
- Ask your best friend/significant other to make an annoying animal sound. How did they react, and what animal did they imitate?I don’t even have to ask, because I can already hear the beleaguered goat sound Dustin would make. I know it to be so. I will test this later…*I tested it later*.:
Dustin, driving home, on bluetooth: Hello?
Shauna: Hun, make an annoying animal sound.
Dustin: *prolongued silence* uh…
Shauna: Just do it. Any animal.
Dustin: …. “HOOOOOUUUNNAAANNNNKK”
Shauna: What… what IS that?
Dustin: It’s a cow!
Ok, so I was close.
I then told him I thought he would make a goat sound.
At first he said “I don’t know how to make a goat sound?”
Then I made a goat sound, and he blurted “BAAEEEHEHHHEHHE” as if remembering a long-lost bovidae secret.
- *POOF* I am your barista. Order your favorite coffee shop beverage exactly as you would in real life.
“Hi um… can I please get a chai tea latte? Oh err, the one that means medium heh, I can’t remember what it’s called. Great, thanks. OH, and this peanut butter cup thing too please. No that’s ok, I will eat it right now. Great. Thanks!”
- Do numbers have personalities in your mind? If so, tell me about the personality of the number 6. What’s it’s story? What kind of disposition does it have?
Six isn’t afraid of seven. She’s so tired of people making that joke. In fact, she’s about to snap! She has a secret room in her basement that the other numbers have started rumors about. “It’s a torture chamber!” they whisper, “no, I heard it’s a kinky bdsm dungeon, you know they call her Sadistic Six right?” Meanwhile Six bides her time, musing “They think i’m afraid? Heh, I’ll show them what it means to be afraid…”
- What is your favorite movie title? Not your favorite movie, just the title, irrespective of the quality of the film.
“Malkovich’s Hole” (Coincidentally though, I do love that movie)
- Story time! Your best friend suddenly finds themselves in the body of your least favorite animal. Craft a story of five sentences or less with this unfortunate predicament as a central plot mechanic. Bonus points if it’s the same animal they chose to imitate.
I’ve been thinking and thinking and thinking and I honestly can’t think of a least favorite animal!
I just… I love all animals T-T
Well, since he makes goat sounds, let’s go with goat.S: Honey, you’re a goat!
S: You know that goats are sometimes associated with the devil, right. Are you a Satan worshiper?
S: I challenge you to a rock off!!! Give me one chance to rock your socks off!!!
- Tell me. Do Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo?
If you give credence to lexical ambiguity, they sure do!(Thanks for getting me to curiously google buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo and find this interesting ted-ed!)
- Tell us about the most boring game show you could ever imagine.
A game called “Truth Or Trump?!” where Trump’s tweets and video clips are shown: contestants raise a sign up to show their guess of if what Donald Trump is saying is TRUTH or a LIE, and whoever gets the most right wins a small loan of a million dollars.It would be extremely boring because there would be no contest; everything that man says is a lie!
- Useless Superpower Bedbug: The Return!
Which of the following useless superpowers would choose and why?
– The ability to randomly add cat meows to every song on the radio
– The ability to randomly add the Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story to even the most intense of any movie scene
– The ability to randomly add Owen Wilson saying “WOW” to any line of dialog in a video game
WOW, these are all solid options. However, I’m definitely going with the ability to randomly add cat meows to every song on the radio. It would really entertain me and tickle my funny bone endlessly. There would have to be a wide range of meow sound selections so that I could tailor my choices to the specific song. I’m already obsessed with Corgi Maybe, so this isn’t a far stretch for me.
What is the hexadecimal color code for your favorite color?
#88d8c0 Color Information. In a RGB color space, hex #88d8c0 (also known as Pearl Aqua) is composed of 53.3% red, 84.7% green and 75.3% blue. Whereas in a CMYK color space, it is composed of 37% cyan, 0% magenta, 11.1% yellow and 15.3% black.
- On a scale of one to 15,742.58, how do you feel about these super specific questions?
The scale doesn’t even go high enough- I rate them a fifillion out of a million!
OK! So, I tag these awesome peeps:
A Nerdy Perspective
The Spellbound Librarian
My questions for you are below!
Please don’t feel pressured to do this if you don’t want to, this is all for fun ^_^ And if anyone else reading this wants to do it too, GO FOR IT!
Here are the official Liebster Award rules.
And, here are my 11 questions!:
1. You wake up tomorrow to the Breaking News that alien ships had been discovered in our atmosphere. How do you feel? What do you do?
2. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid? Do you still have it?
3. What fictional character would you love to be besties with? What would a typical hang-out session be?
4. Share a random, obscure YouTube video that you are fond of and explain why you like it. If you don’t have one, explore until you do!
5. Share a memorable story from your past involving a teacher you had.
6. What is your opinion on the “YOLO” mindset?
7. Describe your dark alter-ego. Give them a name, explain their style, their hopes and dreams.
8. Open up Paint or a similar program. Create something just for the act of creating it- no judgement, no expectations, no worries, just go with it. Take a screenshot and post it here! (Alternately, draw with old fashioned paper and pen/pencil/marker/paint and take a picture).
9. Explain your true feelings towards circus clowns. You may wish to do this in the form of poetry.
10. Speaking of poetry, what is your interpretation of the following verse from Lewis Carroll’s Jabberwocky? What is being described?’Twas brillig, and the slithy tovesDid gyre and gimble in the wabe:All mimsy were the borogoves,And the mome raths outgrabe.
11. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever seen happen in person- something that might have gone viral if it was caught on camera?
One thought on “Super Septic Lobster Award”